Scientific research using horses has shown that daily supplementation of the feed with JointPro supports healthy cartilage in extreme conditions, supporting normal and healthy joint function. The carefully selected, high quality natural ingredients in JointPro have anti-oxidative potential and anti-inflammatory potential. Nutrients in JointPro support a healthy tissue immune response, facilitating high intensity training and competition. Also recommended for ageing horses needing nutrient support to maintain an active lifestyle.
JointPro has exceptional levels Omega-3 essential fatty acids, plus one of the most powerful antioxidants available, SOD, which is classified as a “Primary”. These natural ingredients have been well researched for their ability to support a healthy joint environment and joint cartilage.
An oral dietary supplement to:
- Support healthy cartilage in extreme conditions, supporting normal and healthy joint function.
- Support a healthy tissue immune response
- Nutrient support for aging horses to maintain an active lifestyle
Health Science for your Horse™
Approved in Canada as a Veterinary Health Product NN.H5E0
ALL Ingredients are GRAS approved for use in animal supplements in the EU and USA
Spontaneous joint disease is a common clinical problem in the horse. Surveys estimate that up to 60% of lameness is related to OA (Osteoarthritis), otherwise known as degenerative joint disease, is the most common cause of lameness in horses. The condition is normally characterized as a slowly developing chronic disease of the joint in which the joint surface (cartilage) wears down, resulting in pain and subsequent lameness.
Arthritis cannot be reversed, but in many cases it can be managed. With respect to pain, inflammation and anti-oxidant status DJD is often an inevitable change as a horse grows older, and often is the reason for a horse to be retired from riding.
Lameness – Causes
These changes in the metabolic balance in the joint lead to the following changes in the pathology of the arthritic joint.
- Decreased Synovial fluid quality (viscosity), Cartilage failure, Vascular engorgement (an Immune response)
- Increased inflammation (synovitis) / Immune response. Cell necrosis, cartilage and bone remodelling, cartilage and bone necrosis
- Weight – Overweight Horses are more prone to OA
- Stress Activity – Levels of high stress or abnormal activity for long periods of time, such as the training and competition of athletic activities can initiate the OA process
- Joint injuries and trauma – injuries to the joint incite the OA process and encourage the ‘arthritis cycle’.
JointPro is an effective nutritional supplement that supports antioxidant status of the synovial fluid as well as the growth and maintenance of cartilage to ensure healthy and normal joint function. The health and function of cartilage within the joints benefits from specific nutrients at high levels.
This clinically proven formula that has exceptional levels of antioxidants, Omega-3 essential fatty acids, plus one of the most powerful antioxidants available, SOD, which is classified as a “Primary”. These natural ingredients have been well researched for their ability to assist in reducing inflammation, maintaining GAG’s (Glycosaminoglycans) and PG’s (Proteoglycans), and assisting in reducing cartilage breakdown which causes discomfort caused as a breakdown in the synovial membrane.
- Golden Flaxseed- ALA (beneficial fatty acid)
- Laltide® – Proprietary yeast source of nucleotides, peptides and amino acids
- Synozyme – Proprietary Plant based enzymes
- Levucell® SC 20 – Saccharomyces cerevisiae (CNCM) I-1077
- Omega 3 rTG, EPA+ DHA (from fish oil)
- Freeze Dried Melon rich in SOD and Catalase
- Ganoderma lucidum
All ingredients have regulatory approval.
Crude Protein: 34%
Total Fat: 12%
Crude Fibre: 6%
1 to 2 scoops (1 scoop = 10 g), one or two times daily, administered orally at time of feeding. Recommended use minimum of two weeks with no maximum. Dry feeds should be wetted to minimise risk of choke.
This product is recommended to be used while the horse is in training and competition, as well as to support normal activity in ageing horses, with the advice of a veterinarian.
Cautions / Contraindications:
A feed supplement for horses not intended for food. Administer during or after the horse has eaten to reduce incidence of gastrointestinal upset. Do not exceed recommended dose. Not for long term use, unless directed by a veterinarian. Do not use in immature, pregnant or lactating animals. Do not use in animals with autoimmune disease, kidney or liver disease, bleeding disorders or gastrointestinal ulceration, unless directed by a veterinarian.
Store in a cool dry place, keep out of direct sunlight.